Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Training at OGC

Today I fininshed my training at the General Counsel's Office. It was a three day firehose experience. I can't begin to describe all that I learned about the business side of the Church about which the typical member (including myself) is totally ignorant. It opened my eyes to the absolutely critical role that the General Counsel's Office (OGC) plays in moving forward the work of God.

"And many shall be converted, insomuch that ye shall obtain power to organize yourselves according to the laws of man; [t]hat your enemies may not have power over you; that you may be preserved in all things; that you may be enabled to keep my laws; that every bond may be broken wherewith the enemy seeketh to destroy my people." D&C 44:4-5

This is the scriptural charter of OGC. Only by learning how to fully comply with the laws of man in over 180 countries around the globe can the Church avoid giving its enemies power over us that we may be free to keep the laws of God in every land. Even inidividual members who have violated the laws of man have in many instances done irreparable harm to the Church and the work of God. Our job in OGC is to do all we can to ensure that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment