Monday, February 8, 2016

Hermana Smith's Moving Testimony

I'm not sure Mary Ann will write about her experience yesterday sharing her testimony in Spanish for the very first time, so I will tell you about it from my perspective.  It has been very difficult for her not being able to communicate with the members of our ward or share her testimony.  She has worked with her Spanish tutor from the Provo MTC for a couple of months now, writing her testimony down in English and having him translate it for her into Spanish.  Then she practiced for many hours reading it in Spanish so that she would be able to share it with the members of the ward.  She has worked so hard and been so diligent in preparing to do that.  Then yesterday, a surprise to me, she went to the pulpit and shared her testimony.  It was difficult for her and she was terrified, but she did so well!  The members of the ward were deeply touched by her testimony and almost all of them came up to her or me to express how wonderful her testimony was.  They felt her sure witness of the truth and her great love for them.  I was so proud of her and her great efforts to let them know what she knows in her heart.  You inspire me, Hermana Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment