Friday, February 19, 2016

Serving in the House of the Lord

For the past three weeks on Thursday afternoons, I have been leaving my office at the Area Legal Office and going with Hermana Smith to serve at the Guatemala City Temple.  It has been a baptism by fire there, learning the ordinances in Spanish, and the coordinator has thrown me into the thick of things so quickly, because they are always short of male workers.  I have enjoyed the wonderful Spirit of the Lord's House and learned so much about the work we do there.  I am deeply grateful for the restoration of these sacred ordinances, and it is a wonderful blessing being able to help administer them to the Guatemalan Saints.  My trainer is Elder Allred, a wonderful man, who has worked in five temples now.  He is a temple missionary here and serves in the temple five days a week.  He has shared many wonderful insights into the meaning of what we do in the temple.  It is my great hope that all my children and grandchildren will live their lives so as to always be worthy of a temple recommend.  It is there that we learn how to prepare to meet God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment