Friday, September 11, 2015

God's Promises are Sure

September 8 at 11:42pm
by: MaryAnn Smith

This evening we attended a devotional and the Keynote speakers were Elder Gerald and Sis. Causse'. Elder Causse' is presently serving as 1st Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric. The following are my thoughts, impressions and testimony.

I am not sure I want to be so bold as to say this, but there is a scripture that says something like, after much sacrifice comes the blessings. I have known this for years and have had many, many experiences that have taught me that principle throughout the years but in this missionary preparation experience/adventure I have doubted it, have not wanted to believe it regarding this experience for some reason, until today. This evening I have come away with a deeper Love for my Savior and His Love and promises to me.

There has been several Tender Mercies/Divine Signatures from the Lord to me over the past few months. Some of which I have tried to dismiss, and others I have recorded and acknowledged. But this evening I don't want to ignore or dismiss them any more.

Elder and Sister Causse' spoke at the evening devotional. Sis. Causse' spoke first and she spoke of how hard it was for her when Elder Causse' was called to serve as a Seventy. They had lived in France all their lives. He was a very successful businessman and they had a very comfortable life in France. His calling required them to leave France and move to Germany. She at the time did not speak German or English. Within a very short time after his accepting the call they moved. She found herself with her children and husband gone a lot. Living in a foreign country and attending an international Ward trying to learn and speak English along with German. English to associate with the ward members and German to get around town.

She spoke of how very, very hard it was. At one point she didn't even want to go to church because she was tired of the struggle. Her story hit my heart. She was telling a version of my story. She rose above it with the Lords love and help.

Tonight I can see myself serving multiple missions and loving every minute of it weather I know the language or not. In fact I am feeling an excitement to do so in my heart.

I can't remember if it was today or yesterday when we were telling people we were homeless and the comment was made; well, you are unencumbered, you can just continue to serve missions. At the time that was said I had a "fluttering" in my heart/chest of anticipation to do just that but tried to dismiss/ignore it.

I came away from the meeting tonight knowing I want and can do the same as Sis. Causse'. I want to serve the Lord. I want the blessings He has promised to give me and my family. I am so, so, so far away from being what I want to be and some days it feels impossible but I don't have to do more than my best. When I fall short of my best on any given day, because I will, I can stay on the bus, (a story from BYU education week) and start again the next day.

It has been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment