Thursday, October 27, 2016

The House of the Lord

Tonight during my shift at the temple, I had the wonderful opportunity to officiate in an endowment session when a beautiful young woman received her own endowment in preparation for serving a mission in Nicaragua.  The session was full of beautiful and humble Guatemalan Saints supporting this future missionary.  I prayed the Lord would pour out his spirit upon those gathered in the session, and that prayer was answered in a powerful and moving way.  I know this beautiful young woman received a witness of the temple ordinances, as I did the first time I attended the temple in preparation for my own mission.  That was one of the most powerful spiritual experiences of my life.  I am a witness that the ordinances of the temple are true and that the power of God is present in the temple inder the direction of priesthood keys, and it can truly seal a family together for all eternity.  Going to the temple is like going to the top of a mountain; it is a place of peace and a place where the veil seems thin and one may commune with God in a way he cannot in other places.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have here to serve in the temple each week.  It is a place of holiness where we can learn to be holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment